We are seeking a motivated Senior Level 3 Windows System and Network Engineer to join our highly technical team, utilising their expertise with all day to day customer support, project work, pre-sales and internal IT.
If you are a friendly, flexible, committed team member who is willing to go the extra mile to satisfy the needs of our customers, this job is for you.
Possessing excellent written and oral communication skills, an ability to meet deadlines and a desire to grow and learn within the company you will be responsible in providing the exceptional service our customers know and expect from Datcom team members.
What you’ll be doing
- Configure and provision hypervisor hosts in VMware/Hyper-V Cluster environments
- Setup and configure SCVMM or vCenter Servers
- Perform maintenance for hypervisor hosts, such as load balancing, install update patches and resize the datastores
- Deploy LAN Switches and configure VLAN, STP, LLDP, QoS and IEEE 802.11X
- Deploy WAN Routers and configure OSPF, BGP, HSRP/VRRP, IPSec and MPLS
- New Microsoft system deployments, including Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, MSSQL, RDS and Skype for Business Servers
- Providing technical input into system solutions / designs, and implementation
- Working individually to configure, administer and maintain a stable and effective fleet of Windows/Linux servers and applications
- Developing and implementing administrative tools
- Creating and arranging group policy objects
- Providing operational support
What we are looking for
- Current NSW Driver’s License
- Windows Server 2003-2012 Administration including Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, Sharepoint and Office365
- Network Implementations and Design (switches, routers, firewalls, wireless)
- Virtual Infrastructure implementation and administration (VMWare, HyperV)
- Storage Area Network (SAN) implementation and administration
- Backup system implementation and administration.
- A minimum of two of the following certifications:
MS MCSA 2012 or MS MCSE 2012
VMWare VCP 5 (or later)
Cisco CCNA or Cisco CCNP
A Degree or Diploma in an IT related field
- In addition to the above, the following skills and experiences are desirable
3+ years experience in a similar role
MSP industry background
Scripting or programming
What we offer
- A fantastic culture of hard working, creative people who are passionate about Datcom and being a part of its growth and success.
- An inclusive, safe environment that encourages a healthy lifestyle within and beyond the workplace.
- A fast paced and progressive working environment with regular interaction and mixers with fellow team members
Who should apply?
If you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we’d like to hear from you!